LOS ANGELES, Nov. 29 (UPI) -- Niall Horan says he and One Direction haven't called it quits yet.
"We will be back. We would be silly not to... ridiculous," Horan told the publication.
"At the moment we are all doing our own thing. Everyone is just enjoying how chilled it is. Harry wanted to do his movie and everyone is just chilling. I don't think anyone needs to worry about us. We are fine," he said.
One Direction last performed together in December 2015, and are expected to take a minimum 18-month break to rest and pursue solo careers. The group's rep previously denied in January that the band will split for good.
"This story is fabricated and pure speculation. One Direction have clarified the situation many, many times already," the spokesperson said.
Horan, Payne and Styles have all secured solo record deals since the beginning of the hiatus. Horan released his first solo single, "This Town," in September after landing a contract with Capitol Records.
"I am excited to announce I have signed a record deal with Capitol Records USA," he said at the time. "Thank you to all the One Direction fans for your love and support always. I'm looking forward to the next part of this journey together."