July 23 (UPI) -- Ben Affleck says he has no intention of surrendering his role of Batman to another actor any time soon.
Affleck attended San Diego Comic Con this weekend where new footage for his superhero ensemble movie Justice League debuted on Saturday.
He and his co-stars also participated in a panel discussion about the film with fans, ABC News reported.
"My status remains what it always is," the actor told EW.com after the event. "I've done the two movies. I've always intended on doing a third if Warners wants to make it. Certainly, if the Batphone rings, I will answer."
He said rumors claiming he won't appear as planned in The Batman stem from his decision not to direct the movie, as well as star in it.
"It's such a big job, in terms of the stunts and the suit and the action and the character. Trying to do that, and direct, would probably be too much. Something would be compromised. I think it came off, optically, to the broader world, like lack of interest or enthusiasm. When, in fact, I love this character."
Affleck will reprise his role of Batman in Justice League after previously playing him in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and dropping by in a cameo in Suicide Squad.
"I'd love to do it as long as they'll have me," he said. "Eventually, it'll be somebody else, and I'm sure they'll get somebody great. But while I'm doing it, I'm going to do the best job I can, and really appreciate how lucky I am."