Mark Wahlberg exiting 'Transformers' franchise after 'The Last Knight'

By Wade Sheridan  |  June 19, 2017 at 11:26 AM
share with facebook
share with twitter
1 of 2
| License Photo

June 19 (UPI) -- Mark Wahlberg is exiting the Transformers franchise following the release of the fifth installment in the series, The Last Knight.

"It's the last one so I get my life back!" the actor said recently on The Graham Norton Show while discussing his future with the franchise.

Wahlberg also lamented about the hairstyle he was required to don for his role in The Last Knight after spending "five months" getting into shape. "The long hair is the worst thing ever," he joked. "I look like my mum in the '70s – it's just really bad!"

The 46-year-old joined Transformers for the fourth installment in the series, 2014's Age of Extinction. Franchise director Michael Bay has also previously said The Last Knight would be his last Transformers film. A sixth installment and a spinoff focused on Autobot hero Bumblebee is in the works.

Transformers: The Last Knight blasts into theaters June 21.

Related UPI Stories
Trending Stories