June 6 (UPI) -- Dan Aykroyd has continued to comment on Ghostbusters reboot director Paul Feig and how a sequel to the film will most likely not happen.
"Paul Feig made a good movie and had a superb cast and plenty of money to do it," Aykroyd who starred in and co-wrote the original 1984 Ghostbusters wrote on Facebook Monday after slamming the filmmaker for going over budget Sunday.
"We just wish he had been more inclusive to the originators. It cost everyone as it is unlikely Kristen, Leslie, Melissa and Kate will ever reprise their roles as Ghostbusters which is sad," he continued, mentioning the cast featured in the reboot.
Aykroyd orginally stated on British talk show Sunday Brunch that Feig was to blame for Sony not wanting to make a sequel due to budget concerns. "The director, he spent too much on it," he said. "He didn't shoot scenes we suggested to him and several scenes that were going to be needed and he said 'Nah, we don't need them.' Then we tested the movie and they needed them and he had to go back. About $30 to $40 million in reshoots. So he will not be back on the Sony lot any time soon."
In response to Aykroyd's claims, Sony stated that reshoots on the film had only cost between $3 and $4 million to complete. The Ghostbusters reboot was able to earn $229 million worldwide on a budget that cost more than $140 million.
Feig has yet to respond to Aykroyd's comments. Before the release of the Ghostbusters reboot, Aykroyd had praised the project stating "It has more laughs and more scares."