Jennifer Lawrence at the New York premiere of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2" on Nov. 18. The actress won't appear in potential 'Hunger Games' prequels. File Photo by John Angelillo/UPI | License Photo
NEW YORK, Dec. 14 (UPI) -- Jennifer Lawrence wouldn't star in any Hunger Games prequel films.
The 25-year-old actress discussed her future with the franchise with Variety at the New York premiere of Joy on Sunday. Lawrence recently completed a four-movie stint as Katniss Everdeen, and said she wouldn't be interested in potential followups.
"I wouldn't be involved," she told the website. "I think it's too soon. They've got to let the body get cold, in my opinion." The star last portrayed Katniss in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2, which opened in theaters Nov. 16.
The Hunger Games films are based on Suzanne Collins' trilogy of books, which ends with Mockingjay. Lionsgate vice chairman Michael Burns said last week the franchise may "live on and on and on" through prequels, sequels or reboots.
"The one thing that kids say they missed [from the early Hunger Games films] was there were no arena [fights]," he said at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference. "If we went backwards, there obviously would be arenas."
The movie adaptations co-starred Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson, and earned a combined $2.88 billion at the box office. Collins said she is ready "to move on to other lands" in a thank you published after Mockingjay - Part 2's release.
Lawrence will next star with Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro in Joy, which opens in theaters Dec. 25. She is also slated for X-Men: Apocalypse with James McAvoy, Passengers with Chris Pratt and an untitled Darren Aronofsky film.