Advertisement

Release of 007 flick delayed indefinitely

Daniel Craig arrives for the Tribeca Film Institute Benefit Screening of Quantum of Solace at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater in New York on November 11, 2008. (UPI Photo/Laura Cavanaugh)
Daniel Craig arrives for the Tribeca Film Institute Benefit Screening of "Quantum of Solace" at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater in New York on November 11, 2008. (UPI Photo/Laura Cavanaugh) | License Photo

LONDON, April 20 (UPI) -- England's Eon Productions says it has suspended development on the next James Bond film, previously scheduled for release in 2011-12.

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli made the announcement Tuesday.

Advertisement

"Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on 'Bond 23' indefinitely. We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of 'Bond 23,'" Wilson and Broccoli said in joint statement.

Eon Productions has produced 22 James Bond films since 1962, including the most recent movies "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace," both of which starred Daniel Craig as British secret agent 007.

Latest Headlines