Nov. 21 (UPI) -- Jennifer Lawrence says the celebrity nude photo hack was an "unbelievably violating" experience.
The 27-year-old actress said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter Awards Chatter podcast that it's still "impossible" for her to process how hackers leaked naked pictures of her online in 2014.
"When the hacking thing happened, it was so unbelievably violating that you can't even put it into words," Lawrence said. "I think that I'm still actually processing it."
"I feel like I got gang-banged by the [expletive] planet -- like, there's not one person in the world that is not capable of seeing these intimate photos of me," she explained. "You can just be at a barbecue and someone can just pull them up on their phone. That was a really impossible thing to process."
Hackers shared nude photos of Lawrence and several other female stars beginning in August 2014 after breaching Apple's iCloud storage system. Lawrence said she chose not to sue Apple because it wouldn't restore her privacy.
"A lot of women were affected, and a lot of them reached out to me about suing Apple or suing [others] -- and none of that was gonna really bring me peace, none of that was gonna bring my nude body back to me and Nic, the person that they were intended for," the star said, referencing ex-boyfriend Nicholas Hoult.
"It wasn't gonna bring any of that back. So I wasn't interested in suing everybody; I was just interested in healing," she added.
Lawrence previously declared the hack "a sex crime" in the November 2014 issue of Vanity Fair. She said at the time that the websites that published the leaked photos and anyone who looked at the pictures should be held "responsible."