Chrissy Teigen (L) and John Legend at the InStyle and Warner Bros. Golden Globes after-party on January 8. File Photo by David Silpa/UPI | License Photo
Jan. 31 (UPI) -- Chrissy Teigen fired back Monday after facing criticism for using in vitro fertilization.
The 31-year-old model responded to disapproving fans on Twitter after announcing plans to welcome a baby boy via IVF with husband John Legend.
"Since this is coming up again, I said our next baby would be a boy because that is the embryo we have left. A boy. So. Yeah," she wrote to her 3.82 million followers. "And no, I am not pregnant."
The Sports Illustrated model also responded directly to one social media user who asked, "Did you give it a minute to try naturally or are you avoiding 'the act?' At least no political rants!"
"Hi Linda, thanks for asking, you complete witch. I tried for about 9 years. Anything else, let me know!" the star tweeted.
Teigen and Legend welcomed their first child, daughter Luna, who was conceived via IVF, in April. The model had voiced her desire to give her daughter a sibling while attending the 2017 Screen Actors Guild Awards with Legend on Sunday.
"A little boy is next," she told Entertainment Tonight.
Teigen previously came under fire after telling People prior to Luna's birth that she "picked the girl from her little embryo" during IVF. She explained at the time that she thought Legend "would be the best father to a little girl."
"A boy will come along," the star qualified. "We'll get there too, so it's not like we really have to pick."