NEW YORK, April 8 (UPI) -- N.W.A. will not be performing at the upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, founding member Ice Cube announced.
The rap group, he told the New York Times in a recent interview, did not receive enough support from event organizers for a show that matches their standards.
"I guess we really didn't feel like we were supported enough to do the best show we could put on," he told the outlet. The Ride Along 2 actor assured he had no hard feelings toward the organizers, however, saying N.W.A. is still "totally honored, humbled and appreciative to the Hall for even just considering us, inducting us and inviting us."
Last year, it was announced N.W.A. will be inducted into the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the 31st annual induction ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclays Center on April 8 alongside Cheap Trick, Chicago, Deep Purple and Steve Miller.
The rap group's nomination and induction comes soon after the release of Straight Outta Compton, which proved a huge global success at the box office, raking in over $160 million. Ice Cube confirmed the surviving members of the collective, including himself, Dr. Dre, M.C. Ren and D.J. Yella, will attend the event.
The induction ceremony will be shown on HBO on April 30.