MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 19 (UPI) -- Rocker Scott Weiland's Dec. 3 death on a tour bus was due to an accidental overdose of cocaine, ethanol and MDA.
Rolling Stone magazine confirmed the cause with Minnesota's Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office Friday.
Contributing to Weiland's early death was atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, as well as a history of asthma and multi-substance dependence.
Weiland, 48, was best known for performing with Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver. He had been on tour with his new backing band the Wildabouts when he was found dead.