SEATTLE, Dec. 9 (UPI) -- Paula Hawkins' British psychological thriller The Girl on the Train was Amazon's top-selling book of 2015.
"What this list suggests is that Amazon customers like to be entertained -- and scared! The creepy thriller The Girl on the Train is our best-selling book of the year, hands down, but Silent Scream, 14th Deadly Sin and Luckiest Girl Alive are no slouches in the category, either," Sara Nelson, editorial director of books and Kindle at Amazon.com, said in a statement Wednesday.
"It's great to see The Nightingale perform so well; it suggests that readers continue to come back to novels about WWII, as long as they deliver stories of people and the difficult decisions that war makes them make. In addition to page-turning fiction there's also engrossing nonfiction from top historians David McCullough and Erik Larson. The best-selling books of 2015 are full of great old-fashioned storytelling. Truly, something for everyone."
Amazon's 2015 top 20 best-selling books are:
1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
2. Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James
3. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
4. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
5. Memory Man by David Baldacci
6. Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
7. Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham
8. The Girl in the Spider's Web: Millennium Series Book 4 by David Lagercrantz
9. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson
10. Silent Scream by Angela Marsons
11. 14th Deadly Sin (Women's Murder Club ) by James Patterson with Maxine Paetro
12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book Ten: Old School by Jeff Kinney
13. Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest and Coloring Book by Johanna Basford
14. The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
15. Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Patterns by Blue Star Coloring
16. The Liar by Nora Roberts
17. Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
18. The Crossing by Michael Connelly
19. The Stranger by Harlan Coben
20. A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler