Actor Antonio Banderas and his ex-wife, actress Melanie Griffith are selling their Los Angeles home for $16.1 million. Photo by Jim Ruymen/UPI | License Photo
LOS ANGELES, May 20 (UPI) -- As Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith head toward an official divorce, the once-couple's swanky seven-bedroom estate in Hancock Park has gone up for sale at a listed $16.1 million.
"Real Estalker," Mark David reports via Variety that the couple bought the 1925 mansion in 1999 for just over $4 million, and extended the estate by acquiring the property next door, thus inflating its value. The Italian Revival's interior is expertly decorated and reportedly still maintains much of its original architecture.
The glamorous estate holds seven full and three half bathrooms, a private outdoor pool, carved stone terraces and a classic library among other notable features.
After almost 20 years of marriage, Griffith filed for divorce from the Zorro actor, citing irreconcilable differences. The two have one child together, an 18-year-old daughter named Stella who is due to attend college next year.
Banderas was spotted with new girlfriend Nicole Kempel Tuesday at this year's Cannes Film Festival, both dressed to the nines on the red carpet prior to seeing Sicario. The couple made their relationship public in April by posing for Hola magazine.
Nicole Kempel (L) and Antonio Banderas arrive on the red carpet before the screening of the film "Sicario (Hitman)" during the 68th annual Cannes International Film Festival in Cannes, France on May 19, 2015. Photo by David Silpa/UPI
The actor told the publication that Kempel was not the reason for his and Griffith's divorce, but that the couple first met at last year's Cannes festival -- while he was still married. He said a relationship sparked between he and the young, Dutch financial adviser as soon as divorce papers were filed.