Advertisement

All-male 'Ghostbusters' reboot also in the works at Sony

Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd will lead a new production company tasked with expanding the Ghostbusters cinematic universe.

By Kate Stanton
All-male 'Ghostbusters' reboot also in the works at Sony
Channing Tatum could star in another Ghostbusters reboot. Photo by Christine Chew/UPI | License Photo

LOS ANGELES, March 10 (UPI) -- Less than two months after announcing the cast of the highly anticipated all-female Ghostbusters 3, Sony Pictures is reportedly planning a male-led Ghostbusters reboot starring Channing Tatum.

Deadline reported Tuesday that Sony will form Ghost Corps, a new production company helmed by original Ghostbusters producer Ivan Reitman and writer/actor Dan Aykroyd.

Advertisement

First on their agenda would be another Ghostbusters film, possibly starring Tatum.

"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," Reitman said.

Sony announced in January that Ghostbusters 3, directed by Paul Feig, would star Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon.

Aykroyd said at the time that he was "delighted" the Ghostbusters franchise had been passed on to "these most magnificent women in comedy."

"My great grandfather, Dr. Sam Aykroyd, the original Ghostbuster, was a man who empowered women in his day, and this is a beautiful development in the legacy of our family business," he said.

Advertisement

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement