LOS ANGELES, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Two more women came forward Wednesday to accuse comedian Bill Cosby of sexual assault.
The women appeared at a news conference at a Los Angeles law office with celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred. She suggested Cosby put aside $100 million for the two dozen women who have said he sexually molested them.
"Justice demands accountability," Allred said. "We challenge Mr. Cosby to end this nightmare.... We look forward to his response."
Most of the accusations stem from incidents that allegedly took place decades ago, and thus don't fall within the statute of limitations. Allred asked Cosby to either put up the $100 million for the alleged victims or waive the statute of limitations to allow more women to bring lawsuits against him.
The two options are possible solutions to "this public dilemma and a way to determine if Bill Cosby is a saint or sexual predator," Allred said. "If Mr. Cosby believes all the women are being untruthful, then this is his opportunity to prove it. What could be fairer than that?"
Helen Hayes said Cosby grabbed her breasts in 1973 at a restaurant, and a second woman identified only as Chelan said Cosby drugged her and sexually assaulted her when she was 17 in 1986 in Las Vegas.
The new accusations came on the same day Cosby broke his recent Twitter silence. His social media account had been untouched since Nov. 17, but Wednesday he posted two tweets thanking Whoopie Goldberg and Jill Scott for their support of him during the scandal.
Thank you @WhoopiGoldberg.— Bill Cosby (@BillCosby) December 3, 2014
Thank you @MissJillScott, from the Cosby Family.— Bill Cosby (@BillCosby) December 3, 2014