MIAMI, April 5 (UPI) -- Rapper Trick Daddy was arrested Thursday in Miami for possession of cocaine and a handgun.
The "Take it to Da House" rapper, whose real name is Maurice Young, was stopped by cops outside of his Florida home.
Upon a search of his house, police discovered a gam of cocaine in his nightstand and a 9mm handgun under his pillow.
Young, 39, is a convicted felon and as such is not allowed to possess guns. He had been under surveillance by the Broward County Drug Task Force prior to his arrest.
He was charged with two counts of possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of cocaine and driving with a suspended license. He was released on $6,100 blond.
[TMZ] [CBS Local]
- Two drug tunnels discovered between Mexico and California
- Jesus-loving woman robs 7-Eleven and then returns to ask for beer advice
- Florida man allegedly torches neighbors' home because they are lesbians
- Florida man stages home burglary to avoid going to work
- Mexican drug cartel leader Plancarte Solis killed in shootout