LOS ANGELES, Oct. 2 (UPI) -- U.S. reality television personality Jon Gosselin has publicly apologized to his estranged wife, Kate, for his recent erratic behavior.
TLC said Thursday it has halted taping "Jon & Kate Plus 8" after Jon Gosselin's lawyer served it with a cease-and-desist letter.
The network announced earlier this week that it was reworking the show to focus more on Kate's new role as a single mom with eight children.
Although TLC said the show would be renamed "Kate Plus 8" starting next month, it also emphasized Jon would still appear on it.
Jon reportedly instructed his lawyer to send the network a letter demanding it stop taping the show on the grounds it is detrimental to his kids.
The couple announced during the summer they planned to divorce after nearly 10 years of marriage. Jon has since been photographed out on dates and partying and heard criticizing his soon-to-be-ex-wife.
"I'm here to apologize to Kate," People.com said Jon told CNN interviewer Larry King Thursday night. "I've made mistakes."
Asked if he has called Kate, Jon replied: "I've tried. She doesn't want to talk to me."
He added that although he hasn't spoken to Kate in nearly four weeks, he is trying to put their divorce proceedings on hold.
Kate's attorney, however, says the divorce is "going to go forward," People.com said.
And while Kate wants to continue taping the show "for financial reasons," Jon told King: "I need to be a father. I need to take my kids off the show."