Advertisement

Doherty leaving '90210' -- again

Shannen Doherty arrives for the Red Envelope Party at Opus 22 in New York on November 3, 2005. (UPI Photo/Laura Cavanaugh)
Shannen Doherty arrives for the "Red Envelope" Party at Opus 22 in New York on November 3, 2005. (UPI Photo/Laura Cavanaugh) | License Photo

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 11 (UPI) -- U.S. actress Shannen Doherty says she doesn't plan to appear in any more than the four episodes of "90210" she has already taped.

Doherty was one of the original stars of "Beverly Hills, 90210," the popular 1990s teen soap on which the new series "90210" is a spinoff. Doherty reportedly was fired from the first show about halfway through its decade-long run.

Advertisement

Earlier this year she signed on for a recurring role as her character Brenda on "90210."

Although she may return at a later date, as of now, Doherty has no plans to appear in more than the four episodes she has already shot, she told EW.com.

"They asked me to do a lot more," Doherty said, adding, "(But) I'm in the middle of pitching a show, (so) I couldn't commit to more than (I did.)"

Sources also told EW.com the show's producers are so pleased with Jennie Garth's reprisal of her character Kelly from the original show that they have signed her up for five more episodes of the spinoff, in addition to the six to which she has already committed to do.

Advertisement

Latest Headlines