LOS ANGELES, Sept. 9 (UPI) -- Two couples are to be eliminated from the first week of competition on the upcoming seventh season of the U.S. series "Dancing with the Stars," ABC said.
The latest edition of the show is to debut Sept. 22, the network said, adding that the Jonas Brothers and Jesse McCartney are scheduled to perform on the Sept. 24 episode.
"Season Seven marks the largest cast assembled to date, the oldest and youngest competitors ever, and includes two Olympic Gold medalists, a Grammy-winning singer, a television legend, an Oscar winner and a Super Bowl champion," ABC said in a news release. "Additionally, all four professional dancers who've previously tasted the thrill of victory return to compete against one another for bragging rights. Can one of them reclaim the mirror ball trophy?"
For the first time, all 13 teams will be required to prepare two routines for the first week of competition, one of which they'll perform that first Monday night.
Those competing are singer Lance Bass, singer Toni Braxton, actress Brooke Burke, celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito, Olympic runner Maurice Greene, reality TV star Kim Kardashian, soap star Susan Lucci and 82-year-old actress Cloris Leachman.
"Hannah Montana" co-star Cody Linley, 18, is the youngest contestant to appear on the show. Also slated to compete are volleyball champ Misty May-Treanor, actor Ted McGinley, comedian Jeffrey Ross and Superbowl hero Warren Sapp.