Advertisement

Sean Connery denies ex-wife's claims

Sean Connery arrives for the season opening of the Metropolitan Opera and the performance of Madama Butterfly at Lincoln Center in New York on September 25, 2006. (UPI Photo/Laura Cavanaugh)
Sean Connery arrives for the season opening of the Metropolitan Opera and the performance of "Madama Butterfly" at Lincoln Center in New York on September 25, 2006. (UPI Photo/Laura Cavanaugh) | License Photo

LONDON, July 25 (UPI) -- Scottish film actor Sean Connery is denying his ex-wife's claims that he has cut their son Jason out of his will.

Australian actress Diane Cilento said Connery was tired of Jason, his only child, "sponging" off of him and capitalizing on his name. Cilento also has said the former movie James Bond has no intention of sharing his estimated $170 million fortune with his son.

Advertisement

"I haven't seen the woman in 37 years and she knows nothing about me or my life now," Connery told The Daily Mail. "Diane can't move on from the break-up of our marriage and I have already had to contend with her accusations about me being violent towards her.

Now the lies seem to be getting even more vicious and, what is worse, she is dragging our son into it."

Connery, who was married to Cilento from 1962 to 1973, said he has a good relationship with his 45-year-old son.

"I never told him I wasn't going to leave him a penny in my will or that I said he only had the career he has as an actor and director because of his name," Connery told the newspaper. "He happens to have talent of his own. I saw him in Scotland only last year and we speak constantly on the phone."

Advertisement

Latest Headlines