NEW YORK, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- The stagehand union that struck and closed Broadway shows in New York for nearly three weeks last month voted to ratify its new contract, New York 1 reported.
Without divulging details of the agreement, the union's spokesman told the cable TV station its members are pleased with the contract.
"There won't be any interruption or possible interruption on Broadway during the five-year term of this contract," union spokesman Bruce Cohen said.
"It's a fair contract which is all we wanted from the beginning," one stagehand said.
"Everyone is glad that it is over and we can get back to the business of work," another told New York 1.
"We are pleased that Local One has ratified the contract. We wish everyone a happy holiday. Come and see a show this season," Charlotte St. Martin, executive director of The League of American Theatres and Producers, said in a statement posted on the league's Web site.
The city comptrollers office said the 19-day strike cost New York City approximately $2 million a day in lost business, New York 1 said.