LONDON, Nov. 5 (UPI) -- A documentary about Queen Elizabeth II, which led to the resignation of a BBC One controller, will soon be shown on British television, the BBC said.
Former Controller Peter Fincham quit after being criticized for claiming the film series showed the queen storming out "in a huff" from a session with famed photographer Annie Leibovitz, when, in reality, the footage had been edited out of sequence to make this appear true.
The program was made by RDF Media, whose chief creative officer also quit because of the controversy.
Previously titled, "A Year With The Queen," the documentary will be completed by a new project team and air some time before Christmas with the new name, "Monarchy: The Royal Family At Work," the BBC said.
Jana Bennett, of BBC Vision, said she was "delighted" the documentary would be shown.
"There has never been any doubt about the integrity of the films themselves. They are a serious and important look at the way the monarchy works," Bennett said.
The queen seems to agree.
"We're pleased that it will be going ahead because it gives a valuable look at the work of the Royal Family," a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said.