NEW YORK, Oct. 12 (UPI) -- Filmmaker Brian De Palma claims producer Mark Cuban censored part of his Iraq war film, "Redacted," the New York Daily News reported.
De Palma made the remarks while presenting the movie at the New York Film Festival earlier this week.
He accused Cuban, a billionaire entrepreneur and contestant on "Dancing With the Stars," of obscuring photos of wounded soldiers shown at the end of the film, which is based on a true story.
"'Redacted' is, in fact, redacted. The montage of photographs at the end, I had nothing to do with (obscuring the photos.) It's because Mark Cuban, the man that financed this movie, was disturbed by (them,)" De Palma told the audience at the screening.
The comment prompted Eamonn Bowles, president of Cuban's Magnolia Pictures, to yell out, "That's not true!" the Daily News said
When De Palma argued he had "direct testimony" to back the claim up, Bowles replied, "It's a legal issue, and we're going to resolve it."
Stating his cut of the film "was violated," De Palma said he is seeking to have "those pictures unredacted," the Daily News report said.
But Bowles countered, "Brian, how do you get releases for those pictures? It's an untenable legal situation."