Advertisement

Ramsay poaches privates in cooking mishap

LONDON, Sept. 6 (UPI) -- Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was rushed to a private clinic in London after he scorched his genitals while standing too close to a stove.

"I burnt my right bollock and I'm in absolute agony. You wouldn't believe how much this hurts," Ramsay groused.

Advertisement

Ramsay said he was wearing cotton trousers and no underwear at the time of the incident.

"I went to the hospital because of the excruciating pain. I had an ultrasound and I get the results on Friday," he said. "People think I went in for a knee injury but that's bollocks."

The Glasgow Daily Record said Ramsay gave the detailed account of his painful experience before picking up his award for Best Chef at the GQ Men of the Year awards at the Royal Opera House in London this week.

He is apparently not the first TV chef to have singed his privates in a cooking calamity. Naked Chef Jamie Oliver sustained a similar injury in 2004 after he stripped to cook a Valentine's Day dinner for his wife, Jools.

"It really ruined my evening -- and my night," he said.

Advertisement

Latest Headlines

Advertisement
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement