Paris Hilton sent back to jail
LOS ANGELES, June 8 (UPI) -- A Los Angeles judge Friday ordered socialite Paris Hilton back to jail to finish serving her sentence imposed because she violated her probation.
Witnesses said Hilton cried, "Mom, mom, mom" and "It's not fair," as Judge Michael Sauer ordered her back to the Century Regional Detention Facility, an all-women's jail in Lynwood, Calif., MSNBC reported.
Hilton will appeal, TMZ.com reported.
Her mother, Kathy Hilton, told reporters, "I'm paralyzed right now," witnesses said.
It was unclear whether Hilton would serve the remainder of the original 45-day sentence she received for driving with a suspended license, or the reduced 23-day sentence.
The sheriff's department, citing an undisclosed medical condition, Thursday reassigned Hilton to electronically monitored house arrest.
A court spokesman said Sauer was notified by the sheriff's department that it was seeking to modify terms of Hilton's sentence. The judge advised that documentation needed to be filed, but it wasn't, the spokesman said.
Los Angeles sheriff's deputies took Paris Hilton to a courtroom and media descended on Hilton's Hollywood Hills home to cover the trip. As the squad car emerged from the driveway, reporters and photographers pushed forward onto the vehicle, which pressed ahead to join a caravan.
Odds: Smart money says Tony Soprano lives
ST. JOHN'S, Antigua and Barbuda, June 8 (UPI) -- Odds-makers for two Caribbean-based betting Web sites say the smart money is on Tony Soprano surviving the series finale of "The Sopranos" on HBO.
Online gambling sites Bodog.com, based in Antigua, and Betus.com, based in Costa Rica, are taking bets on the survival of the drama's other fictitious mobsters as well -- including Silvio Dante, Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri or New York crime boss Phil Leotardo, The Washington Post reported Friday.
"Being the final episode of what is very likely the last ever season of 'The Sopranos,' everyone is itching to know what's going to happen," Bodog founder Calvin Ayre told the newspaper.
Gamblers on both Web sites can wager on who will be killed first -- Tony or Phil -- or if either will be whacked. Betus' oddsmakers are favoring a longer life for Tony, played by actor James Gandolfini.
But the angles are covered.
"If both are killed, winner will be determined by whoever is killed first in the show, regardless of flashbacks or non-linear story telling," Betus.com said.
Dino gets a street named after him
RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif., June 8 (UPI) -- "Everybody loves somebody sometime" and a California community loves Dean Martin enough to dedicate a street to him on what would have been his 90th birthday.
Dino finally got a road named after him -- Dean Martin Drive -- in Rancho Mirage, Calif., a celebrity-conscious town where Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Dinah Shore and Gerald Ford all have streets named after them, The Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise reported Friday. The street leads into three gated communities.
Dean Martin Drive street signs in Rancho Mirage went up late last year but were officially dedicated Thursday. Martin, dubbed by Playboy as "the coolest man who ever lived," died in 1995.
Martin -- part of the "Rat Pack" of Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Joey Bishop and Peter Lawford -- achieved success in a number of entertainment venues, including film, television and the Las Vegas stage.
New Mexico becoming Morocco for Indy film
DEMING, N.M., June 8 (UPI) -- Hollywood set whiz-kids have been in southern New Mexico for several weeks, transforming the area into Morocco for the fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.
A building at the former air strip in Deming, N.M., was painted blue and now sports a USAF insignia and "Home of the Fighter Pilot" on an outside wall, The Las Cruces (N.M.) Sun-News reported Friday. World War II Air Force vehicles are parked nearby.
New Mexico reportedly is the first filming site, but filming dates haven't been announced, the newspaper said.
Steven Spielberg will direct the still-to-be-named Indiana Jones adventure and George Lucas is executive producer.
Harrison Ford will reprise his role as the globe-trotting adventurer, but retirement means Sean Connery is out as Indy's dad.
"I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film," Connery said in a statement released by Lucasfilm. Noting he enjoyed working with Spielberg, Lucas and Ford, Connery said, "In the end, retirement is just too damned much fun."
Other actors on board include Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt.