NEW YORK, July 19 (UPI) -- Claims of sexual harassment against Fox News chief Roger Ailes intensified Tuesday as the network boss and executives reportedly near a separation agreement -- and new allegations emerged involving arguably the channel's best-known personality.
Reports have claimed in recent days that Ailes, FNC's CEO since the network first went on the air in 1996, is on his way out. Fox officials, though, have continued to say Ailes' future with the network remains unclear.
Tuesday, as talks between Ailes and FNC's parent company, 21st Century Fox, continue, it was widely reported that Fox News host Megyn Kelly told investigators she was sexually harassed by the CEO about a decade ago.
Kelly's claims sound similar to those of former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson, who sued Ailes earlier this month for sexual harassment after she was released by the network.
Ailes has denied that he ever sexually harassed Carlson, whose contract expired last month. She claimed Ailes made unwanted sexual advances toward her and retaliated for her rejection by effectively firing her.
Susan Estrich, one of Ailes' lawyers, said Tuesday that both sides are in the advanced stages of negotiating his departure.
The claims made by Carlson spurred an internal investigation at Fox News.
Estrich said Tuesday that Ailes never harassed Kelly, either.
"In fact, he has spent much of the last decade promoting and helping [Kelly] to achieve the stardom she earned, for which she has repeatedly and publicly thanked him," she said.