LOS ANGELES, Sept. 28 -- Three professional dancers featured in Madonna's 1991 'Blonde Ambition' tour have reached an out-of-court settlement in their invasion of privacy lawuit against the pop star, it was announced Wednesday. Terms of the settlement were confidential.
The dancers dismissed their lawsuit Tuesday against the singer's production company, Boy Toy Inc., Miramax and Propaganda Films. The suit stemmed from their portrayal in the film about the tour, 'Truth or Dare.' The dancers -- Gabriel Trupin, Kevin Stea and Oliver Crumes -- filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court in January 1992, alleging that Madonna lied to them about her intended use of film footage gathered during the tour. The dancers contended their privacy was invaded by personal offstage footage used in 'Truth or Dare.' 'We were nearly unable to pursue the claims in the case because of Madonna's superior financial resources,' said attorney Debra Johnson. The two-woman Los Angeles-based law firm of Johnson & Slaton served as co-counsel for the plaintiffs. The firm later associated with the law firm of Jacob & Pardo in pursuing the case, which survived numerous motions to dismiss. 'All too often in Hollywood, a powerful figure like Madonna is able to act as if she is above the law,' Johnson said. A spokesperson for Madonna was not immediately available for comment. Forbes magazine has estimated that Madonna earned $37 million last year, down from $63 million she earned in 1991, when she ranked fourth on Forbes's list of the nation's 40 top-earning entertainers.