CHICAGO -- Two men who claim to have given Mr. T his break in show business have sued him for $4 million, claiming 'The A Team' star reneged on a promise to pay them 20 percent of his future earnings.
The suit is the second against Mr. T in Cook County Circuit Court this year.
Last month, Mr. T's brother, a Chicago policeman, charged he was fired as his brother's bodyguard before his contract expired.
The suit was filed Friday on behalf of Calvin Hollins and John Bitoy, both of Oak Park. It claims Mr. T -- formerly known as Lawrence Tero -- hired the two men as his agents and managers.
Attorney Jeffrey M. Goldberg said Mr. T made an oral agreement with Hollins and Bitoy to pay them 20 percent of his earnings. The suit estimates Mr. T has made about $20 million in salary, wages and royalties.
Goldberg says the men helped Mr. T become a bouncer at the Dingbats Discotheque in Chicago and arranged for him to enter the 'World's Toughest Bouncer Contest,' the televsion show that launched his show business career.
Goldberg said Hollins and Bitoy also set up Mr. T's screen test for the movie 'Rocky III,' his first film role, and worked for him after the movie opened.
Goldberg claims Mr. T made some payments to Hollins and Bitoy, but has refused to give them any money since August 1982.