SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. -- Theatrical producer Roy Radin, who was accused last year of raping actress-model Melonie Haller, is under investigation on another sex charge, it was learned Tuesday.
Sources in the Suffolk County district attorney's office and the county police department said a 25-year-old New York City woman signed a statement alleging that Radin forced her to commit sodomy.
The statement was given to Southhampton Village Police, who said the alleged incident occurred over the Labor Day weekend at Radin's 72-room mansion on Meadow Lane.
Radin, 37, has not been arrested, but a spokesman for the DA's office said the woman's accusation is under investigation.
On the basis of the woman's statement, members of the county police Sex Crime Unit made a court-approved search of the mansion late Monday night. Police refused to disclose what they found.
Radin was married Saturday to his long-time companion, Toni Fillet, 31, in a lavish civil ceremony at the mansion. There was no immediate word as to whether the alleged sodomy occurred before or after the wedding.
A Suffolk County grand jury refused to indict Radin on Miss Haller's charge that he raped her during a weekend party at the mansion in April 1980.
However, Radin pleaded guilty to illegal possession of a .38 caliber revolver found in the mansion by police, who were investigating the alleged rape of Miss Haller.
Radin was fined $1,000 and placed on three years probation.
If he is arrested on the latest sex charge, he would be in violation of his probation.
Miss Haller accused Miss Fillet of assaulting her shortly before the alleged rape. Miss Fillet pleaded guilty to a harassmment charge and was fined $50