SAIGON, Feb. 12, 1968 (UPI) - U.S. military headquarters announced today it would no longer issue casualty tolls on the invasion of the cities because the figures are "no longer meaningful," since urban warfare has died down. The last total, reported yesterday, said 30,795 Communists had been killed compared to 3,149 Allied soldiers, including 973 Americans.
The South Vietnamese government said it was ordering all veterans below the age of 33 to report for service by Mar. 15. President Nguyen Van Theiu announced last week he would take such action.