BERLIN, Oct. 1, 1938 (UP) -- Adolf Hitler came back to Berlin in triumph today.
A million Germans massed at the Anhalter Railroad Station, in the streets and in the Wilhelmplatz before his chancellery, cheered and sang in jubilation at his triumph in annexing Czechoslovak Sudetenland to his German Reich.
The Fuehrer had traveled overnight by railroad from Munich, where he signed the Four-Power Sudetenland Agreement and, with Prime Minister Chamberlain, agreed that Germany and Britain ought never fight each other again.
At the station, Field Marshal Goering and Dr. Paul Goebbels, Propaganda Minister, were first to shake hand with him. Then came General Walter von Brauchitsch, Commander in Chief of the Army, and General Wilhelm Keitel, Chief of the High Command of the Armed Forces.
A little girl shyly handed him a bouquet of red roses. Outside Hitler reviewed an honor guard and two Sudeten German delegates handed him another bouquet.
The crowd burst into "Deutschland Ueber Alles," the Nazi Horst Wessel anthem and the Italian Fascist anthem, "Glovenezza."
As Hitler's car passed the new air ministry in the Wilhelmstrasse, several hundred officials and employes burst into a great cheer.
Another crowd of more than 200,000 was jammed into the Wilhelmplatz before Hitler's chancellery.
Within a few minutes Hitler appeared on the balcony with the dignitaries, including Konrad Henlein, leader of the Sudeten German party. Hitler waved and turned back into the chancellery.
Members of the Italian Fascist group here squeezed through the throng to the front, directly under the balcony, and sang the Fascist anthem in chorus.