WASHINGTON, March 6, 1933 (UP) -- Under provisions of the administration's emergency banking program announced today by Secretary Woodin, banks are permitted to:
1) Allow free access to safety deposit boxes.
2) Make change, using currency or coins of various denominations, but no gold or gold certificates shall be paid out in change.
3) Handle the collect drafts other documents in connection with food shipments or perform other necessary functions essential to food shipments, consistent with the judgment of banking officials.
4) Accept payments in cash or any other forms acceptable to the banks on account or in settlement of obligations.
5) Return upon request, intact and without restriction, all cash, checks and other items delivered for deposit or collection received after the last closing of business hours.
6) Continue to cash checks drawn on the Treasurer of the United States provided no gold certificates are paid out.