Suspicious package reports leap in NYC

NEW YORK, July 14 (UPI) -- Reports of suspicious packages in New York City have skyrocketed 300 per cent since the London terrorist bombings, it was reported Thursday.

NYPD says Crowe got no special treatment

NEW YORK, June 13 (UPI) -- The New York Police Department is denying actor Russell Crowe's claims that he was processed faster than others on his assault charges a week ago.

NYPD interviews Sosa in stabbing case

CHICAGO, Oct. 5 (UPI) -- Two NYPD detectives flew to Chicago to interview the Cubs' Sammy Sosa regarding a cousin in the Bronx who is wanted in the stabbing of his live-in girlfriend. The detectives spoke with Sosa Saturday about his first cousin, Rudolfo Ramirez, who is accused

Anarchists threatening GOP convention

NEW YORK, Aug. 19 (UPI) -- Violent anarchist groups might attack the upcoming Republican National Convention in New York, the FBI's top counter-terrorism official warned.
Page 5 of 5
Paul Browne

Paul Browne (born 17 February 1975 in Glasgow) is a retired Scottish football defender.

Browne began his career in England with Premier League side Aston Villa, featuring in two league matches towards the end of the 1995–96 season. Despite his two starts, Browne was sold to Scottish Premier Division side Raith Rovers in the summer and made his debut for the Kirkcaldy side in a 1-0 defeat against Rangers. Featuring in a number of matches that season, Browne played the majority of the following season following Raith's relegation, scoring twice. In the 1998–99 season, Browne suffered from ill discipline, receiving eleven bookings and one dismissal as Raith finished in eighth place, in a season which saw him fail to add to his two goals from the previous season. Browne netted four goals in 1999–00, helping Raith to mid-table safety but the following season yielded no goals as Raith survived relegation by just three points. In 2001–02, however, Raith finished bottom and were relegated to the Scottish Second Division. Browne featured initially for Raith, playing in a Scottish League Challenge Cup match and league match, but was sent on loan to Arbroath for the remainder of 2002, featuring sixteen times. Browne never played again for Raith and spent the remainder of the season with Nuneaton Borough and Hinckley United on loan.

In July 2003, Browne returned to Arbroath, after previous target Eddie Forrest left on the promise of full-time football at Raith Rovers. Arbroath manager John Brownlie signed Browne as a replacement for Forrest, then discovered that Forrest had been duped. A telephone call that Forrest had believed to be from Danny Smith, the Raith chairman, had been a hoax. The caller had been Browne, Forrest’s prospective replacement, although Browne argued it was "a friend". Forrest was reinstated at Arbroath and Browne summarily sacked, fleeing Scotland, although Forrest subsequently demanded to be allowed to join Partick Thistle, which led Brownlie to re-sign Browne to fill the defensive gap. Brownlie had to check with captain Andy Dow that the players would accept Browne after the hoax.

This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Paul Browne."
Most Popular
SpaceX rocket explodes in test flight over Texas
Stolen Obama statue discovered with six-pack of Twisted Tea in Pa. park
Kari Byron, Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara depart 'MythBusters'
Video shows aquarium beluga either playing with children or begging for help
Pentagon releases video of U.S. air strikes against IS