Chicago White Sox's Carlos Quentin grounds out against the New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox's Carlos Quentin looks into the outfield after grounding into a double play during the sixth inning against the New York Yankees at U. S. Cellular Field in Chicago on August 2, 2009. The Yankees won 8-5. UPI/Brian Kersey
Latest Headlines
Jason Marquis fired eight shutout innings Wednesday and the San Diego Padres completed a three-game sweep of Miami with a 1-0 decision.
Nick Hundley and Carlos Quentin each belted a three-run homer Tuesday and San Diego unleashed a 17-hit attack in its 13-7 win over the Chicago Cubs.
Andrew Cashner and four relievers outdueled Tim Lincecum Friday to bring the San Diego Padres a 2-1 decision over San Francisco.
Edinson Volquez worked seven scoreless innings Wednesday and the San Diego Padres escaped with a 2-1 victory that ended Milwaukee's nine-game winning streak.
Jonathan Lucroy and Yuniesky Betancourt both drove in a pair of runs in the Milwaukee Brewers' 6-3 road win over the slumping San Diego Padres.
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke has undergone surgery on a broken left collarbone sustained during an on-field brawl, the team says.
Major League Baseball announced Friday San Diego outfielder Carlos Quentin had been suspended for eight games for charging the mound in a game Thursday night.
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke says "there probably is" bad blood between his team and the San Diego Padres after Thursday's melee.
Adrian Gonzalez had one run and two RBI Thursday in the Los Angeles Dodgers' 3-2 win over the San Diego Padres.
Collin Cowgill hit a grand slam to cap the New York Mets' attack Monday in an 11-2 victory in the season-opening win over the San Diego Padres.