MIAMI, Feb. 18 (UPI) -- Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito returned to Twitter on Monday to offer up an apology to former teammate Jonathan Martin.
Incognito is accused of harassing Martin while they were both members of the team by threatening him, bullying him and making numerous offensive racial and sexual comments.
I would like to send Jonathan my apologies as well. Until someone tells me different you are still my brother. No hard feelings :)— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 18, 2014
Last week, Incognito publicly went after Martin on Twitter.
“The truth is going to bury you and your entire ‘camp.’ You could have told the truth the entire time,” he tweeted out on Feb. 12. On Valentine’s Day, Incognito said he was leaving the social media site.
Goodbye twitter.— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 15, 2014
See you on the other side
On Monday, he was back.
What's up TWITTER— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 17, 2014
In addition to apologizing to Martin, Incognito also offered a blanket apology.
I apologize for acting like a big baby the last few days. This has all been so much on me and my family. I just want to play football— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 17, 2014
I want everyone to know I'm in good spirits and looking forward to playing again one day— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 17, 2014
It’s possible that Incognito was trying to make nice because he’s worried about the harassment claims ending up in a courtroom.
There are no winners in the courts. Just families left to deal with their decisions and pick up the pieces. You can't free something— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 18, 2014
Incognito has denied harassing Martin and maintains that they were, and still are, friends.