To help the "Most People Twerking Simultaneously" record go smoothly, Guinness helpfully posted the rules of twerking.
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot come from knees. Hips only!
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted. No hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for TWO MINUTES when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire TWO MINUTES will be deducted from the final total
Gaining popularity far beyond the New Orleans drag circuit with songs like "Azz Everywhere" and "Make Ya Booty Go," Big Freedia, self-styled as the Queen Diva, is always flanked by booty-shaking dancers.
The record-breaking twerk-fest was filmed for the reality show "Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce" which debuts next week on Fuse and follows the one-time gospel singer's life and career.
Costly malfunction causes beer flood at Boston-area brewery
Video of Victoria’s Secret models trying to 'twerk' hits Instagram