Forbes attributed Vergara's ranking (in part) to her long list of endorsement deals, which include Diet Pepsi, Covergirl, Rooms To Go, thyroid medicine Synthroid, Comcast and State Farm insurance. In all the "Modern Family" star earned over $30 million in the past year.
The annual Celebrity 100 list, where Vergara was ranked as the top-earning TV actress, looks at the earnings of American celebrities during a specific period of time and only counts cash received for completed projects and contracts made good on. This year, the time frame was from June 2012 through June 2013.
The ranking tallies both celebrities' TV projects and their increasingly lucrative endorsement and licensing deals. In all, the top-20 paid TV actresses earned a cumulative $183.
You can find out who else made the cut this year on the list below:
1. Sofia Vergara - $30 million
2. Kaley Cuoco - $11 million
2. Mariska Hargitay - $11 million
4. Tina Fey - $10 million
4. Bethenny Frankel - $10 million
4. Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian - $10 million
4. Melissa McCarthy - $10 million
4. Ellen Pompeo - $10 million
11. Cobie Smulders - $9 million
12. 12 Alyson Hannigan - $8 million
13. Amy Poehler - $7 million
13. Julianna Margulies - $7 million
15. Lena Dunham - $6 million
15. Zooey Deschanel - $6 million
15. Courtney Cox - $6 million
18. Whitney Cummings - $5 million
19. Mindy Kaling - $4 million
20. Kerry Washington - $3 million