facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Cory Monteith died of heroin and alcohol overdose, toxicology test finds

Posted By CAROLINE LEE, UPI.com   |   July 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
July 16 (UPI) -- “Glee” star Cory Monteith died from a overdose of heroin and alcohol, Canadian officials said.

Monteith, 31, was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room on Sunday. The toxicology test showed the actor "died from a mix of drug toxicity."

The "Glee" star had been public about his battles with drugs, saying that he had undergone rehab when he was 19 after beginning to drink and smoke marijuana at age 13. He readmitted himself to rehab in April and seemed to be doing well before he was found dead.

Monteith's toxicology report was sped up after the publicity of his death. Costar Naya Rivera released a statement on his death Tuesday.

The cast, including his girlfriend Lea Michele, will have to act out losing him in the show as they mourn. The next season of "Glee" may be delayed until November.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Why the fake braces trend may be dangerous for users Why the fake braces trend may be dangerous for users
2
Jared Leto 'stopped eating' for his 'Dallas Buyer's Club' role Jared Leto 'stopped eating' for his 'Dallas Buyer's Club' role
3
Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home
4
Kelly LeBrock arrested for DUI Kelly LeBrock arrested for DUI
5
Brandi Brandt faces drug charges in Australia Brandi Brandt faces drug charges in Australia
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback