Cory Monteith died of heroin and alcohol overdose, toxicology test finds

Posted By CAROLINE LEE,   |   July 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
| License Photo

“Glee” star Cory Monteith died from a overdose of heroin and alcohol, Canadian officials said.

Monteith, 31, was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room on Sunday. The toxicology test showed the actor "died from a mix of drug toxicity."

The "Glee" star had been public about his battles with drugs, saying that he had undergone rehab when he was 19 after beginning to drink and smoke marijuana at age 13. He readmitted himself to rehab in April and seemed to be doing well before he was found dead.

Monteith's toxicology report was sped up after the publicity of his death. Costar Naya Rivera released a statement on his death Tuesday.

The cast, including his girlfriend Lea Michele, will have to act out losing him in the show as they mourn. The next season of "Glee" may be delayed until November.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more news from
Related UPI Stories
share with facebook
share with twitter
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories