May 21 (UPI) -- Several media outlets
reported last week that Beyonce had become pregnant with her second child. The speculation was fueled by news that the 31-year-old superstar had fallen ill
before a Belgium concert, and her own comments
about wanting more children.
But the program director of New York's Hot 97 radio station said Jay-Z flatly denied the rumors in an email.
"I emailed on some congratulations, send my love to the family, blah, blah, blah," Ebro Darden, known as Old Man Ebro, said Monday. "He emailed me back and said it's not true."
Ebro quoted the 43-year-old hip-hop mogul as saying: "It's not true. The news is worse than blogs."
Pregnancy or no, Beyonce doesn't seem to be slowing down. She'll finish up the global stops on her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour June 1 and start performing stateside June 28.
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.