facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Seth MacFarlane won't return as Oscars host in 2014

Posted By KATE STANTON, UPI.com   |   May 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
May 20 (UPI) -- "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane already said earlier this year that there was "no way" he would host the Oscars again, after his 2013 performance garnered mixed reviews. But the return of 2013 producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron fueled speculation that MacFarlane would also be back.

The 39-year-old comedy writer and actor tweeted Monday that that he was too busy with other projects to host the Oscars next year.

"Traumatized critics exhale: I'm unable to do the Oscars again. Tried to make it work schedule-wise, but I need sleep," MacFarlane said.

"However, I highly recommend the job, as Zadan and Meron are two of the most talented producers in the business," he continued.

He put forward his own thoughts on next year's host: "My suggestion for host is Joaquin Phoenix."

Watch MacFarlane's opening monologue from this year's Oscars ceremony below:


Seth Opens With Painfully Long Monologue by zappata84

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Why the fake braces trend may be dangerous for users Why the fake braces trend may be dangerous for users
2
Jared Leto 'stopped eating' for his 'Dallas Buyer's Club' role Jared Leto 'stopped eating' for his 'Dallas Buyer's Club' role
3
Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home
4
Kelly LeBrock arrested for DUI Kelly LeBrock arrested for DUI
5
Brandi Brandt faces drug charges in Australia Brandi Brandt faces drug charges in Australia
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback