facebook
twitter
search
search

Seth MacFarlane won't return as Oscars host in 2014

Posted By KATE STANTON, UPI.com   |   May 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM
| License Photo

"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane already said earlier this year that there was "no way" he would host the Oscars again, after his 2013 performance garnered mixed reviews. But the return of 2013 producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron fueled speculation that MacFarlane would also be back.

The 39-year-old comedy writer and actor tweeted Monday that that he was too busy with other projects to host the Oscars next year.

"Traumatized critics exhale: I'm unable to do the Oscars again. Tried to make it work schedule-wise, but I need sleep," MacFarlane said.

"However, I highly recommend the job, as Zadan and Meron are two of the most talented producers in the business," he continued.

He put forward his own thoughts on next year's host: "My suggestion for host is Joaquin Phoenix."

Watch MacFarlane's opening monologue from this year's Oscars ceremony below:


Seth Opens With Painfully Long Monologue by zappata84

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Related UPI Stories
Top Stories
Why the fake braces trend may be dangerous for users
Jared Leto 'stopped eating' for his 'Dallas Buyer's Club' role
Kelly LeBrock arrested for DUI
Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home
Brandi Brandt faces drug charges in Australia