According to Forbes, only 70 mothers in the world manage billion-dollar enterprises and just eight of them are self-made.
In a list honoring the "World's Richest Moms" Forbes told the story of a few women who have managed to find the time to run billion-dollar companies while taken care of their family. Among them were:
- Meg Whitman, a former eBay CEO who currently is the CEO of Hewlett-Packard. She has two sons.
- Sara Blakely, who founded the Spanx brand and is raising a toddler.
- Tory Burch, who runs a fashion empire by the same name. She is currently worth $1 billion and has spoken about the difficulties of being a working mom with three kids.
- Gina Rinehart, the largest shareholder in Fairfax Media also has complete control of her family's mining fortune. Rinehart is also a mother of four and is currently in a legal battle with her children over their portion of the company's share.
- Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Steve Jobs, co-founder and former CEO of Apple. Besides caring for her four children she controls the Steven P. Jobs Trust which has a $6.9 billion stake in The Walt Disney Company.
For the entire list of the "World's Richest Moms" visit Forbes.com.