According to Forbes, only 70 mothers in the world manage billion-dollar enterprises and just eight of them are self-made.
In a list honoring the "World's Richest Moms" Forbes told the story of a few women who have managed to find the time to run billion-dollar companies while taken care of their family. Among them were:
- Meg Whitman, a former eBay CEO who currently is the CEO of Hewlett-Packard. She has two sons.
- Sara Blakely, who founded the Spanx brand and is raising a toddler.
- Tory Burch, who runs a fashion empire by the same name. She is currently worth $1 billion and has spoken about the difficulties of being a working mom with three kids.
- Gina Rinehart, the largest shareholder in Fairfax Media also has complete control of her family's mining fortune. Rinehart is also a mother of four and is currently in a legal battle with her children over their portion of the company's share.
- Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Steve Jobs, co-founder and former CEO of Apple. Besides caring for her four children she controls the Steven P. Jobs Trust which has a $6.9 billion stake in The Walt Disney Company.
For the entire list of the "World's Richest Moms" visit Forbes.com.
Dennis Rodman pledges to end trips to North Korea
Susan Sarandon 'very excited' about daughter's pregnancy