On his show on The Blaze network, Beck cited multiple law enforcement sources claiming the Saudi man was detained and then cleared as part of a "false flag" operation.
“The government has not come clean,” Beck said. “Some of this information has come out over the weekend, and immediately the government tried to discredit it.”
Beck said two FBI sources confirmed the Saudi man was "in custody" on Monday April 15, and had been labeled as someone who has "demonstrated [himself] to be a proven terrorist and to be engaged in proven terrorist activity. Beck said the man's apartment was also searched.
Then, Beck claims, the man was cleared of all terrorism related accusations, following supposed meetings between President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden with the Saudi Arabian foreign minister and ambassador.
Several members of the Congressional Committee on Homeland Security also expressed concerns over this man, sending a letter to the Department of Homeland Security asking for more information.
Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., used a committee hearing to ask Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano directly.
"We’ve got this guy who was there. We know he was there,” Duncan said. “He was arrested, he wasn’t arrested, was detained in the hospital covered with blood, he was at the scene, and yet we’re going to deport him. We’re going to remove him from the scene.”
Napolitano dismissed Duncan's question as “so full of misstatements and misapprehensions and it’s just not worthy of an answer," and that she was "unaware of anyone who is being deported for national security concerns at all related to Boston."
Homeland Security officials later elaborated to CNN that a Saudi national was injured in the bombing, but was not a person of interest or a suspect. Another Saudi from the Boston area, officials said, was in the custody of immigration authorities for violating his visa, but had no connection to last week's bombings.
2014: NFL Cheerleaders [PHOTOS]
Soviets call Reagan joke 'dangerous' [ARCHIVE]