facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Man may lose 'F Cancr' license plate after complaints

Posted By Kristen Butler, UPI.com   |   April 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM   |   Comments

April 15 (UPI) -- The Oklahoma Tax Commission wants Nick Williams to change his custom license plate because people have been complaining about the implied vulgarity. They are refusing to renew his plate, which says "F Cancr."

Williams, 32, says his battle with brain cancer is a war he's still fighting, reports WMBF. "When I had my surgery, they got 60 percent of it. The other 40 percent was entwined in my brain," Williams said.

"My 'F' - it stands for fight. Some people look at it as a different word, but I'm fighting brain cancer. I've had it for about 2 1/2 years now."

Williams has had surgery and chemotherapy and spends a lot of time in the hospital. The father of 5-year-old Kameron said "if it wasn't for him and my wife, I probably would have gave up a long time ago, really."

Williams got a letter from the Oklahoma Tax Commission saying he needed to change his "F Cancr" license plates, so he called to plead his case. He says the custom plate is as much a symbol of pride as the scar that runs across his skull.

"I used to try and cover it up with a hat. I tried to let my hair grow out, but it was so patchy it just never worked," Williams said.

"After I told him what the plates said and everything, he got offensive, kind of. He said, 'Oh, I get complaints all the time,'" Williams said. Williams plans to call the Tax Commission again on Monday and explain his situation to a supervisor.

In the meantime, the Facebook page F CANCR Support has been created for supporters of Williams' cause.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Frances Bean Cobain slams Kendall Jenner on Twitter
2
January Jones appears topless in 'Sweetwater' photos
3
Nicki Minaj settles feud with Hot 97 DJ Peter Rosenberg
4
Man stabbed after refusing to change positions during threesome
5
Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback