Lil Wayne finally put the "sizzurp" addiction rumors to rest, calling into a Los Angeles radio station to explain a recent series of seizures that landed him in the hospital multiple times and prompted speculation that he was near death.
"The bad news is I'm an epileptic, I'm prone to seizures," Wayne told Power 106 Thursday.
"Like, this isn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I've had a bunch of seizures, y'all just never hear about them. But this time it got real bad 'cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent. Basically, I could've died, so that is why it was so serious."
Weezy blamed his recent string of seizures on lack of rest.
"But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself," he said.
The 30-year-old rapper also addressed TMZ's dramatic account of his time in the hospital, during which the gossip site suggested that he was near death.
"I can't be upset at that. I get upset at my kids when they do things that I tell 'em not to do; I can't get upset at TMZ for doing what they do. The truth isn't good enough for them, so they gotta twist everything up."
Listen to the interview below:
Lil Wayne released an NSFW video greeting to fans last week, assuring people that he was doing "more than good," but giving no explanation for his six-day stint in the hospital.
"I Am Not a Human Being II" dropped March 26.