Though LucasFilm has yet to officially confirm recasting the "Star Wars" franchise's original three leads for "Star Wars: Episode VII," Ford is the latest to suggest that a full reunion will indeed take place.
"I think it's almost true; I'm looking forward to it," Ford told Chicago's WGN 9 on Tuesday. "It's not in the bag yet, but I think it's happening."
Tough Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher have already expressed at least mild enthusiasm for returning to "Star Wars," Entertainment Weekly explained that "the question mark has always been Ford, who has spent most of his post-Star Wars career expressing mild-to-aggressive embarrassment about the franchise."
Creator George Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek earlier this month that LucasFilm had nearly signed all three leads before Disney purchased the company last fall. "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison -- or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation, he said.
"Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them."