facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Axe Body Spray banned from school after student's severe allergic reaction

Posted By KATE STANTON, UPI.com   |   March 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM   |   Comments

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/em/i/UPI-4491363810769/2013/1/13638111427338/Axe-Body-Spray-banned-from-school-after-students-severe-allergic-reaction.jpg
March 20 (UPI) -- Administrators at a Pennsylvania high school have asked students to cut back on the Axe Body Spray, and not because of its distinctly overpowering stench.

According to ABC News, an unidentified student was sent to the hospital after having a severe allergic reaction to the popular men's fragrance while on campus.

Freedom High School issued a statement asking students to "refrain from using it as your cologne or fragrance of choice," but Principal Michael LaPorta seemed doubtful that the medical concerns of another student would be enough to keep kids off Axe.

“We’re looking into the possibility of some homebound instruction, understanding that not everybody is going to refrain from wearing Axe Body Spray.”

“We were made aware of a report about an allergic reaction, and we are looking into the matter,” said a spokesman for Unilever, the company that owns Axe. “If there are any issues with our products, we advise consumers to reach out to our Consumer Services Team at our 800 phone number, which is available on the back of our product packaging.”

Follow @KateStan and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback