facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Boy admits to 'swatting' prank on Ashton Kutcher's home

March 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM   |   Comments

| License Photo
March 12 (UPI) -- A 12-year-old boy from Southern California admitted he made a fake distress call that sent police to Ashton Kutcher's Hollywood home last year.

Fox8 reported the teen's "swatting" -- defined as an attempt to trick an emergency service -- had dozens of emergency personnel rush to Kutcher's home on October 3, 2012, to find there was no emergency. The actor, who at the time was recording on the set of his sitcom, "Two and A Half Men" also hurried back home.

“The comments of the call advised that there were individuals inside the location with guns and explosives, and that several people had been shot,” a police statement said.

The boy's prank also targeted Justin Bieber's Calabasas home and a bank, the Los Angeles County District Attorney spokeswoman said.

The teen, who will remain unidentified, will be prosecuted as a juvenile and is to be sentenced by a judge in his home county, the spokeswoman said.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Why the fake braces trend may be dangerous for users
2
Jared Leto 'stopped eating' for his 'Dallas Buyer's Club' role
3
Gisele Bundchen, Tom Brady drop $14M on Manhattan home
4
Kelly LeBrock arrested for DUI
5
Brandi Brandt faces drug charges in Australia
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback