A 12-year-old boy from Southern California admitted he made a fake distress call that sent police to Ashton Kutcher's Hollywood home last year.
Fox8 reported the teen's "swatting" -- defined as an attempt to trick an emergency service -- had dozens of emergency personnel rush to Kutcher's home on October 3, 2012, to find there was no emergency. The actor, who at the time was recording on the set of his sitcom, "Two and A Half Men" also hurried back home.
“The comments of the call advised that there were individuals inside the location with guns and explosives, and that several people had been shot,” a police statement said.
The boy's prank also targeted Justin Bieber's Calabasas home and a bank, the Los Angeles County District Attorney spokeswoman said.
The teen, who will remain unidentified, will be prosecuted as a juvenile and is to be sentenced by a judge in his home county, the spokeswoman said.